Here's a map I made for the book. I'm pretty happy with how it came out. I don't know if it matches up to what you were thinking while reading, but this is generally how I planned it out.
The first book in the Scurry story, The Doomed Colony, is available on Amazon and Kindle at this link. If you haven't gotten it yet, now's your chance.
If you have read the book and liked it, I would appreciate a rating or review if you have the time. Reviews and ratings help the book become more visible on Amazon. Thanks for your time!
Just a quick Kickstarter update. Nothing much to report right now, but I wanted to send out an update before the holidays:
- The funds for the second book have been received from Kickstarter and are safely tucked away in the bank.
- The final comic pages are being worked on and final edits will be done by the end of the year, if the holidays don't intrude too much. There is a chance I may add a few pages, but not too many.
- The back matter (character bios, artwork and other stuff) will be put together soon after, with the final book design to follow. It should be ready to print by the end of January.
- I will be putting together the final specs to send to the printer, and sending the deposit thereafter.
- Everything seems to be on schedule at the moment!
Thanks! Happy holidays!
Hi guys, I just set up a Thunderclap campaign if anyone is interested in helping out the kickstarter campaign. It's a great way to support the project for free. Check it out and sign up if you'd like: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/62118-scurry-the-drowned-forest
Thanks for all your support! Scurry takes a lot of work, but you guys make it worth it.
What is thunderclap? From the website: Thunderclap makes it so your fans don’t need to remember to post your message to their social media account at a specific time. They can sign up ahead of time, and you’ll have a clear picture of your social reach even before launch day.
Kickstarter exclusive premium editions of both book one and two are available to preorder for a limited time. These are only available during the Kickstarters, so now's your chance to grab one. There are also a few sketch tier rewards left, but they won't last long.
Here's what you get for getting both books:
Here's one of the unboxing videos of the premium edition of first book from ACE Reviews to give you an idea of what you get with the second: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gELDxjLYRas
Get it here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/macsmith/scurry-the-drowned-forest-a-post-apocalyptic-mouse?ref=2n8uhz
thanks for all your support!
Paperback, hardcover and premium slipcase editions for both books are available. Original art tiers are also available but spots are very limited.
SHARING THE PROJECT ON SOCIAL MEDIA IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!
click here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/macsmith/scurry-the-drowned-forest-a-post-apocalyptic-mouse
more news soon!
Want to support the production of Scurry? Consider joining the Scurry Patreon.
- Revamp underway. I'm properly tagging posts and fixing broken links. It should be easier to navigate now. I'll be posting some new concepts and videos in the next few days.
- For only $2 a month, you get layered PSD files, hi-res pics, step-by-step progress GIFs and the occasional note or sketch I dig up. I'll also make available new brush sets from time to time.
- Exclusive videos at the $5 level, and physical gifts mailed to $10 patrons (big movie posters on the way now). Patrons at these levels also get their name added to the thanks section in the books.
- Adding a lot of new posts and deleting old ones.
- Even a dollar helps!
The Scurry Book 1 kickstarter has been fulfilled and pre-orders delivered. Now what?
Well, we'll be doing the Kickstarter for book 2, of course. I hope to get it kicked off around August 22nd. More Premium Slipcase Editions will be available as well. Sign up to the mailing list for updates.
What else has been going on?
- I'm using a distributor in Europe to ship the book to international customers. International shipping has been reduced to $15, so if the kickstarter shipping cost was too steep, now is your chance to get the first book at a slightly more reasonable price, you can purchase the regular hardcover or softcover here: http://www.scurrycomic.com/purchase/
- The digital version of the first book as well as the complete episode 4 are now available on Gumroad can be found here: https://gumroad.com/macsmith . They can also be had on my Patreon to all $2 patrons and up: https://www.patreon.com/macsmith
- Episode 5 is well underway on the website. (Here come the wolves!) It will finish up at the end of July. I'm working on finishing episode 6 now and will start posting it in mid-August.
- The Tapastic version of the comic recently surpassed 1 million views and 14,000 subscribers!
- I plan on revamping the store soon and offering plenty of new merch.
Thanks so much for all your support. Sharing the project on social media really helps, too!
The first Scurry books are shipping now! If you got one, you should be getting it in the next few days (in the US) to a few weeks (international). You can still order one here: http://www.scurrycomic.com/preorder/
Hey guys, I wanted to keep you up to date on the shipping date for the first book. There will be a one month delay (to late March). Originally, the expected ship date was for some time in February, but there was a delay at the dock (due to holidays and other random problems). Once the books arrive at my distributor, they should go out within a week. I expect them to ship in late March.
The books are printed and ready to go, it's just a matter of them getting here. As you can imagine, it's very frustrating!
Very sorry for the wait.
Last week I received the advance copies of the book and they look great. The colors are rich, the blacks are dark, and all the pages are in order! (something that kept me up many nights)
Here's a brief video of me flipping through the pages:
These should be shipping to backers by the end of the month. The Chinese New Year held things up for a week or two, but they are printed and ready to go. Once they get to my distributors in the US and Europe, they should start reaching people's hands a week later. Probably the first or second week of March. Those of you who got one of the art tiers will have to wait a few days later since they have to come to me first, but I'll have those mailed ASAP. I hope you like it as much as I do!
Preorder the first book here: http://www.scurrycomic.com/preorder/
New Scurry in the new year! New updates twice a week. Also, the books should be shipping in February.
I know I said Scurry would be back at the beginning of December, but the Kickstarter took a bit more time than I expected. That book should still ship on time, but I wanted to make sure everything was perfect, because once it's in print, it's permanent!
I've started on the second book, but need to build up a bit of a buffer before I start posting again, so when things start again, there won't be any delays with the schedule. The cover will be up around New Year's.
Speaking of book 1, during the kickstarter and printing process I was able to go back and clean up a few things. I didn't pull a total George Lucas here, but I fixed a few wonky faces, tweaked the dialogue a bit, and fixed some typos. Nothing major or story changing, but you might want to revisit it until the next chapter starts.
Just a quick update on the printing. A few days ago I got this video of the print proofs being printed as well as a preview of the slipcase. With a few tweaks, the books should be ready to go soon! All the other files are finished and ready to print.
I managed to cram over 2000 names into the thanks section! That was a bit of a struggle ;)
I'll have plenty more to say about the Kickstarter in the near future, but for now I just wanted to say thanks for all of your amazing support! We just creeped past the 100k mark with a couple of hours left, and had over 2100 backers!
I'm putting together the final page layouts while I wait for the Kickstarter funds to process, and hope to get the printing process started near the end of the month.
More news to come!